Industrial Equipment Maintenance Mechanic
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- To perform all aspects that is required to install and maintain industrial and facility equipment. Broad skills required in mechanical and electromechanical systems including experience with PLCs, AC & DC drives. The person must be able to perform basic welding. Perform necessary troubleshooting and repair to HVAC systems.
- The industrial maintenance mechanic reports to the Industrial Maintenance Supervisor at the manufacturing facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Perform maintenance safely and in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Respond to plant breakdowns and unplanned outages
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID drawings, mechanical drawings and have basic understanding of process concepts, control systems, and instrumentation equipment
- Familiar with the basic operation of centrifugal pumps, centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, gearboxes, piping and valves, and rigging
- Must have experience working with 120/220/480 VAC electrical systems
- Perform work associated with scheduled preventative and routine maintenance on plant equipment
- Assist operations personnel in the diagnosis and troubleshooting of plant equipment problems
- Actively participate in core-cause analysis associated with equipment failures
- Assist personnel in the startup of equipment after maintenance completion, to include line changeovers
- Keep tools and equipment in good working condition and organized
- Performing other duties assigned by the Plant Manager
- Flexible hours and on-call work will be required
- Preferred candidates will have at least 3 years industrial maintenance experience, preferably in a continuous process industry or two years post secondary education in a technical school or college education with a concentration in industrial technology or an equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a non-U.S. citizen having legal status to reside and work in the U.S. for reasons other than practical training
- Initiative, adaptability, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
- Must be able to work safely in a production environment; must be physically capable of performing job related tasks and job duties.
- Walk, sit, climb, stoop, bend, kneel, balance, crouch or crawl, talk or hear
- Use hand to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools and controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs or ladders
- Specific visions abilities require by job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and distinguish color.
- Employee must be able to lift objects up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to work inside and outside during inclement weather
- Work closely with quality control, production, shipping and plant manager
- The company provides training in safety, equipment operation, policies and procedures
Apply in person at WL Plastics, 3660 Dyess Ave. Rapid City, SD