EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The South Dakota Board of Regents is hiring an Executive Admin Assistant located in Pierre.
This full time benefit eligible position provides executive level secretarial and administrative assistance to the VP of Finance and finance staff. Incumbent will regularly handle matters of a highly confidential or sensitive nature.
- Working knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment; ability to produce documents using automated equipment and office software; ability to file documents.
- Knowledgeable with Excel, Word, and other Microsoft software; knowledgeable with website software such as FrontPage, Dreamweaver, or Office SharePoint Designer.
- Knowledge of document publishing software such as PageMaker or Microsoft Publisher.
- Ability to multitask and work with limited supervision.
- A two-year college or technical degree is preferred.
- Two years progressively responsible secretarial experience also preferred.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- Schedule and coordinate appointment calendars for one or more administrators.
- Ensure that the project deadlines related to area are adhered by monitoring the calendar and due dates.
- Respond to sensitive requests for information and assistance.
- Maintain website administrator for the area of technology and finance.
- Greet visitors and assists guests that are here for an appointment. Also acts as receptionist, answering written and verbal requests and inquiries for routine information, receiving telephone and personal callers and routing them to the proper employees.
- Serves as a backup to all other support staff with in the office.
- Make arrangements for meetings and ensure that proceedings are properly recorded.
- Work with the System Vice President of Administrative Services in identifying the agenda, minutes, files, and technology behind the meetings (agenda website, audiovisual equipment, conference calls, LCD projector, etc.) for the Business Affairs Council and the Technology Affairs Council.