1950 Harvest Avenue
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
How to Apply
Operations Technician Needed
This full time position is located in Fort Dodge, IA; Relocation assistance is not provided.
We are looking for a passionate Operations Technician who wants to help the world thrive!
Operation Technicians are directly involved with processing corn, our raw material, into sweeteners and feed products and Ethanol. Technicians will work in teams of three to five individuals in one of the following areas: Mill, Feed, Refinery/Ethanol, and Utilities.
The Operations Technician will have an opportunity to participate with others in many different specialty tasks and projects. A few examples might include participation on the Safety committee or quality improvement teams. The plant is a large manufacturing facility and technicians will be subject to performing tasks working under varying temperature extremes, some physical labor, dealing with heights, handling of chemicals, exposure to dust, some tasks that require use of a respirator, and working around a wide variety of continuous process equipment.
The facility runs 24 hours per day. 365 days per year. Technicians are required to work a 12-hour rotating shift (7:00 am –7:00 pm/7:00 pm – 7:00 am) depending on department, with a 5-2-2-5 schedule which will include weekends and some holidays. Rotation between the day and night shift occurs every two weeks. Additional hours will be required for safety & team meetings and other necessary training.
· Process monitoring and control.
· Product sampling analysis.
· Troubleshooting and maintenance of process equipment and instrumentation.
· Procedures, policies and practices adherence and development.
· Permit completion and coordination.
· Assist in assuring efficiency of operation of equipment, quality of product, and safety of all personnel.
· Work on-call as assigned.
· Monitor tank levels, product temperature and pressures including observing readings on computers and field instruments, documenting key readings and information, and making appropriate adjustments both manually and/or by computer.
· Perform and document preventive maintenance.
· Sample product by physically taking samples and testing them in a lab using appropriate lab test equipment.
· Perform sanitation as required.
· Complete and coordinate safe permits work
· Be vigilantly attentive to all aspects of work surroundings (alertness).
· Relate and conform to established policies and procedures.
· Other important abilities and skills include analytical problem solving, commitment to task, coping, decisiveness,
· interaction, spoken communications, tolerance of ambiguity, and versatility.
· Other activities as required to meet objectives.
· Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
· Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
· Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
· Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
· Ability to work in elevated areas.
· Must be able to read/write English
· High School diploma or Equivalent
· Basic computer skills.
· Ability to work overtime.
· Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
· Strong knowledge in math and science.
· Must have ability to work in industrial environment.
· Must be able to work at various heights.
· Must use a variety of common hand tools. (such as wrenches, pipe wrenches, hammers, and drills)
· Intermediate computers skills, Windows and Microsoft Office.
· Able to operate heavy equipment.
· Able to operate machinery.
· Forklift certified.
· Strong knowledge in chemistry preferred.
· Knowledge of testing techniques, procedures and equipment.
· Able to operate production equipment.
· Prior experience in production related work
· Ability to interpret sample results.
· Ability to operate lab and testing equipment.
· Ability to Operate and read instruments.
· Ability to operate equipment monitoring programs
· Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgement and a realistic understanding of issues; use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics (decision making & problem solving).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
1950 Harvest Avenue
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501